- Inventories of Uncommon Revenue Stamped Paper by Bob Hohertz
The original inventories were run in various issues of The Check Collector, the quarterly magazine of the American Society of Check Collectors.
- What The R’s Are by Bob Hohertz
In the Scott Specialized Catalog of US Stamps and Covers the items with R prefixes are revenue issues. The numbering system runs from R, RB, RC to RZ, with a few gaps and a few insertions, such as RVB (the Federal boating stamps of the early 1960’s). This website is an expanded version of one prepared for the eBay Users Stamp Club and is meant to provide a brief overview of each of the Scott-listed revenue categories as of the year 2000 Catalog.
- Tax Paids — Non-Scott Listed U.S. Revenues by Bob Hohertz
“Taxpaids” is the catchall title for United States Federal revenues that, for the most part, are denominated in units (one pint, 3/5 barrel, 10 cigarettes) rather than money. They are not listed in the Scott Specialized Catalog at present, although Scott appears to be adding some of the categories each year. Many of them are listed in the catalogs put out by the late Sherwood Springer.
- The 1898 Revenues by John Langlois
A must if you collect the revenues of the Spanish-American War
- Indonesian Revenues by Hans van Schaik
In English and Dutch.
- An Introduction to the 2¢ Revenue Stamped Paper of the United States
An excellent site by Bob Hohertz which includes many illustrations of the various types.
- Private Die Proprietary Stamps (Match and Medicine Tax Stamps)
This site by Bob Hohertz includes tax information, company listings and images of these interesting tax stamps.
- Dan Harding’s web site
Includes an online version of the 1915 Forbin Revenue catalog.
- Collectible Stocks and Bonds from North American Railroads
Terry Cox has an excellent section on imprinted revenue stamps that appear on financial documents from the 1860s and 1870s.